Resources to help improve your life.
- Helpful Links
- Download a brochure
- Top home care questions to ask when looking for homecare:
- Is the agency licensed? Licensed agencies are held to a higher standard and are audited regularly by the state for compliance with state and federal regulations and quality care provided.
- Are criminal background checks performed on all staff prior to hire? Criminal background checks should be performed on all staff to be assure that caregivers are trustworthy.
- What is a personal support specialist and what can they do? Personal Support Specialists can help with a variety of tasks such as bathing, dressing, toileting,transfers, meal preparation,grocery shopping and much more. They enable seniors to maintain their independence in their own homes.
- Is the agency contracted with any state agency for seniors who qualify for help paying for their services? Maine-ly Elder Care is contracted with MaineCare, the Veteran’s Administration, Long Term Care insurance companies and Catholic Charities of Maine to provide quality services to seniors in Maine.
- Does the agency provide ongoing education to their staff? Maine-ly Elder Care provides ongoing education to all staff through out the year. Maine-ly Elder Care provides specialized training to caregivers in Alzheimer’s and Dementia.